Vitamin B6 [Pyridoxine]
Helps with the metabolism of the amino acids. Helps with PMS, carpal tunnel syndrome, and motion sickness. Deficiencies can cause weakness, confusion, depression, eczema. Birth control pills, antibiotics, and smoking can deplete B6. Can help with epilepsy, asthma, morning sickness, and kidney stones. Too much B6 over a prolonged period of time can lead to peripheral neuropathy [tingling and other sensations]. Can help heal "leaky gut". Some kids need very high doses, which can be helpful for focus/attention, body awareness, a "calmness", and elimination of climbing and jumping behaviors. However, for some kids, especially those with phenol intolerance, B6 can cause hyperactivity. Vitamin B-6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is part of the vitamin B complex. It is found in beans, nuts, legumes, eggs, meats, fish, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals. Taking excessive amounts of vitamin B6 can cause a magnesium deficiency. It is important to give magnesium alongside Vitamin B6 to avoid this problem\
SOURCE: The Autism Supplements Guide
- Vitamin B6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Treating Autism with Vitamin B6: Pyridoxine & Magnesium ...
- Autism Therapy: Vitamin B6 and magnesium | Healing Thresholds
- Vitamin B6 in Autism: The Safety Issue
- Does Vitamin B6 Help in The Treatment With Autism?
- BRAINBOOSTERS AND SUPLEMENTS FOR AUTISM - ImmInst.org Forums